While going through one of the HRMS blogs i stumbled on a very interesting article on how to clear the Apache cache without bouncing the listener. Here are the steps:
1. Navigate to "Functional Administrator" responsibility.
2. Once logged in click on the "Core Services" tab.
3. Click on "Caching Framework" link in the blue menu bar.
4. Click on "Global Configuration" link in the left vertical menu.
5. In the "Cache Policy" region click on the "Clear All Cache" button.
6. Click the "Yes" button to confirm the action.
7. Click the "Apply" button to apply the changes.
The above steps will clear the apache cache without the need of bouncing by the DBA's